Dropouts with Bluetooth earbuds.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richard371, Oct 9, 2016.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

I have a pair of BT Breyer earbuds that I really like but I get dropouts often. Sometimes I can go hours or a day without any and sometimes I get several per song. I have reset network settings and repaired etc. I have the iPhone 7 plus with iOS 10.1 beta 2. Is this an iOS issue?

2. Stewie macrumors 6502

Stewie

I have a pair of LG's that I don't get dropouts on. So it could be the beta or the headphones or your phone or sunspots. Hard to say what it is, but I don't think it is typical.

3. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

I'm having a problem as well. I have Jaybirds X2s and the songs drop in and out all the time. But in my car it rarely drops. Could it be the headphones or is the Bluetooth in the car just that much stronger?

4. Ne11y macrumors newbie

Ne11y

Yea, I think it depends on where your phone is and how far it's. I use the Revo with my 6p. It'll stuttered when I have the phone in my jean front pocket. It'll be fine if I hold the phone or put phone in chest pocket.

I think the Bluetooth range is weaker in headphones than the one in car.

5. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I sometimes have issues with my jaybird x2 and Bose QC35 but not with an unreleased speaker and my Sony X3 speaker I have at home.

6. macmedal macrumors regular

I take it the earbuds are Bluetooth V4.1 as I had a pair of Bluetooth 4.0 headphones which will drop out under 4G signal.

7. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

Been using Jaybird Freedoms for a few years. Indoors, they are generally reliable and acceptable for my everyday use. Should I go for a walk, which is basically what they're marketed for, the phone pretty much must be strapped to my right arm.

Interestingly, when I use them at work, they've done some impressive things. I drive a forklift and stash my phone in my dashboard. I've kept connection at distances of nearly 100ft, to the point where they are reliable at about 65ft. I think it's the shape of the dock/all the freight. Let's that signal ricochet.

8. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yea I always keep the phone in my hand or pocket. I wonder if it has to do with other interference in the area. The ones I have are 4.1. They have a pair for 100 more that's 4.2. Wonder if that will make a difference? Hate to pay double.

9. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Same issue. Don't recall having this issue with ios9. The x2's never dropped out on that OS. Tried everything- impair,repairing,reset network settings, hard reset, nothing corrects the issue.

10. Ne11y macrumors newbie

Ne11y

Yea, same here. It'll cut in and out when I'm walking with the phone in my pocket. I'm using the Jabra Revo headphones with the iPhone 7+.

11. matmug60 macrumors newbie

I have a new set of Bose OE2s and they were working fie with my iphone 6s plus but now are cutting in and out with the new 7 plus. When I use a wire connection there is no jumping, probably not a software issue since the 6 plus worked fine?

12. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Bluetooth uses the same unlicensed 2.4GHz frequency as most other wireless devices, everything from computers to garage door openers and other sources that cause interference like microwave ovens. You have more problems at home because there are more wireless devices around you at home, including neighbors. On the road there are fewer sources of interference.

13. tehreflex macrumors 6502

My bluetooth speaker in my house works fine. In my car it plays for a bit then goes into what I call "remix mode" and fast forwards/skips until it finally goes silent even though it keeps playing.

I can't remember which iPhone I had before that did it, but it was fixed in an update. I'm hoping 10.1 fixes the issue. I just have my USB cable with me in the meantime.

(2012 Ford Focus with MyFordTouch)