Dropped 13 RMBP, screen is slightly offset

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Donquijote12321, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Donquijote12321 macrumors newbie

So yesterday I had kept my 28 days old laptop on the seat of my car but my driver suddenly stopped the car and as a result the laptop slipped off the front seat and hit the metal stands of the front seat.

I know this was super stupid of me but well **** happens.

So now the problem is that the paint has chipped off from a very little portion of the right corner of my laptop, a cm northeast of the USB 3.0 port.

Also, my screen is a little offset towards the left. This is a bit tough to explain. The entire monitor has shifted slightly towards the left. It closes perfectly but if touched, it can bee seen that the screen is more towards the right than left.

Is there anyway I can get my laptop replaced? I have had some other problems with it too.

One of them being that the keyboard keys are exceptionally flimsy, more than my brothers 2011 MBP13, and the trackpad is slightly tilted towards the right. Also it creeks a little and I don't think the UI lag needs a mention over here.

So am I eligible for a replacement.

PS. I bought my rMBP in Malaysia but live in India

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Apple doesn't cover accidental damage or misuse.

3. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Depending on the extent of the damage, you may have just voided the warranty on your computer. It's certainly not eligible for a replacement, as you're outside the 14 day return policy.

4. Ritesh.S macrumors newbie

no you can't replace it. You might be able to fix it but thats with your own money

5. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

The top display would need to be replaced. I had to get my screen replaced due to a dead pixel. I have a 15 inch and according to the Genius Bar it cost Apple $600 the replace I'd imagine the 13 inch MBPr would be a bit cheaper. I'd just take it to apple and see what they see.

6. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

What's exactly not in place? The screen or the top lid?

7. iMacC2D, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  8. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Exactly, that's why I asked if it was the lid.