Dropped 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mattdewolfe, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Mattdewolfe macrumors newbie

Mattdewolfe

Okay so today I had my phone under my leg while driving the work truck, and when I got out I forgot it was there and I dropped it.. sigh. Not very far, the truck is actually a little lower than an average F350 due to weight. Anyways all it did was put a small nick in the top right corner, however I am worried it could have slightly bent the metal causing it to be not so waterproof. Am I just being over-worried orrr? Barely any damage lol

2. shook187 macrumors member

Unless you're looking for some motherly sympathy and words of encouragement that everything's gonna be all right how do you expect us to know without seeing the damage?

3. Stereo macrumors member

4. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

[​IMG]

It takes An Courage to do something sort of magnificent like that.

5. StayPuft Suspended

StayPuft

6. Mattdewolfe thread starter macrumors newbie

Mattdewolfe

I don't really
    ill try to get some decent pics soon, the only other cam I have is an android potato cam. It's really just a nick. More wanted to know if it's possible to bend the frame from a drop

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Does it look bent? Otherwise relax. These things aren"t guaranteed water resistant anyway so avoid water and you'll be ok. If the drop damage visually bothers you then buy a case to cover it.

8. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

And this is why I don't use my expensive iPhone without a case. I'm one of those people that has to make sure my iPhone has no scratches, dents or nicks. If I have a single nick, it'll drive me nuts, even if covered up by a case cause I know it's still there.

[​IMG]

The entire back of my iPhone shows but it's all protected by the lip of the bumper case and there's a back glass cover to protect it from any sort of wear or damage. I'm not a fan of hiding the beauty of the iPhone but I'm also not a fan of having every bit of my phone exposed to potential damage. This bumper and front/back glass cover does the trick. the bumper case cost me $3 and the 2 glass covers cost me $4 for both.

9. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

It's not waterproof. It's water resistant. There is a difference.

10. Europa13 macrumors 6502

That won't affect the water resistance.