Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Mattdewolfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
Okay so today I had my phone under my leg while driving the work truck, and when I got out I forgot it was there and I dropped it.. sigh. Not very far, the truck is actually a little lower than an average F350 due to weight. Anyways all it did was put a small nick in the top right corner, however I am worried it could have slightly bent the metal causing it to be not so waterproof. Am I just being over-worried orrr? Barely any damage lol

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
theverge-share__12_.0.0.png

It takes An Courage to do something sort of magnificent like that.

Reactions: nickbarbs

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I don't really

ill try to get some decent pics soon, the only other cam I have is an android potato cam. It's really just a nick. More wanted to know if it's possible to bend the frame from a drop

Does it look bent? Otherwise relax. These things aren"t guaranteed water resistant anyway so avoid water and you'll be ok. If the drop damage visually bothers you then buy a case to cover it.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
And this is why I don't use my expensive iPhone without a case. I'm one of those people that has to make sure my iPhone has no scratches, dents or nicks. If I have a single nick, it'll drive me nuts, even if covered up by a case cause I know it's still there.

50a208403303a264e32075b5f0801168.jpg

The entire back of my iPhone shows but it's all protected by the lip of the bumper case and there's a back glass cover to protect it from any sort of wear or damage. I'm not a fan of hiding the beauty of the iPhone but I'm also not a fan of having every bit of my phone exposed to potential damage. This bumper and front/back glass cover does the trick. the bumper case cost me $3 and the 2 glass covers cost me $4 for both.

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Okay so today I had my phone under my leg while driving the work truck, and when I got out I forgot it was there and I dropped it.. sigh. Not very far, the truck is actually a little lower than an average F350 due to weight. Anyways all it did was put a small nick in the top right corner, however I am worried it could have slightly bent the metal causing it to be not so waterproof. Am I just being over-worried orrr? Barely any damage lol
That won't affect the water resistance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.