Dropped and cracked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconeight, Sep 13, 2010.

1. falconeight Guest

falconeight

my iphone Ifrogz Ilux case. Thank god I had my phone in a case, and the $25.00 I spent on this case was more than worth the money.

Attached Files:

2. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Nice!!

My Pixel HD case is coming in tomorrow (8 weeks after ordering). I fully expect to drop my phone tonight. :D

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Glad to hear that the case worked and protected your phone.

4. xenuprime macrumors 6502

It looks like without the case, your phone would be shattered at least on the back. You should send this pic to the case company, maybe they would appreciate the testamonial.

5. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

I will send a pic to the company. I think its small things that make a thin case like this protect. The cloth inside liner, and the matte rubberized paint. The fall was off of my car which is 5 feet high and it landed on concrete.

6. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

7. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I really don't think the company is going to appreciate a testimonial that indicates their cases break so easily.

One drop and it's broken? I'll go ahead and mark that case off my list of contenders.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

On the other hand, the case could've been made so rigid that it would've simply transferred the force of the impact to its contents... the iPhone 4. So you'd have a nice, intact $25 case and a shattered $600 phone inside of it.

No thanks! Good cases will sacrifice their own good looks to absorb impacts and keep their contents safe. That's the whole point: the case gets all the scuffs and takes the damage so your phone doesn't have to.

This case did its job perfectly.

9. joshk87 macrumors newbie

That's good to see. My wife and I are using the same case right now, I was curious as to how well it would hold up if dropped.

10. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm getting the same case. Should be here within the next 2 days. Don't know if I'll use it instead of my OB Commuter case, but I'll see how it looks and feels.

11. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

It was the 3 drop with the case and this one was about 5 feet high. I'm not saying it's the greatest case of all times. But for a ultra slim case it worked out very nice. I would buy it again, just because with cases it's a hit and miss. If I buy another one I drop it and it breaks so be it my iPhone os in perfect condition.

12. JCCL macrumors 6502a

That's one of the advantages of Soft silicone cases. They can take a hit and they keep both the phone and the case undamaged. Of course they also have a few disadvantages like not looking as nice, attracting a lot of dust and lint, getting deformed if you take the phone in and out constantly (which sometimes is a requirement in order to clean it). I have a cheap iLuv case with a screen protector (which was the only thing I found) and yesterday had my first drop. Both the case and the iPhone 4 were unharmed, but the fall seemed messy.