dropped bottom part on the table

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by salivan, Jun 13, 2015.

1. salivan macrumors newbie

salivan

While opening the lid on my macbook pro retina 13 (it was on the table), I was not looking and the bottom part got raised together with the screen and fell on the table. Sound was audible enough, I can estimate 1cm fall? could be more.

There is no visible damage, should I worry about internals? Its been only weeks since I had this and only thing I do is worry :(

what's the name for that disorder? OCD, is partially culprit, but there is something more specific like "shiny object syndrome"

2. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

Haha. Don't worry, there machines are built to handle a little bit more than that. However try not to let it to happen again as each drop might break the solder joints slowly which after many drops will lead to complete fracture and hence dead logic board.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

1cm fall? That's not going to do anything to it at all. Enjoy using it rather than worrying about it, it's much better in the long run!

4. salivan thread starter macrumors newbie

salivan

5. newellj macrumors 601

Yep. Even in the days of spinning HDDs you would probably have been fine. :)

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

As someone that suffers from deep rooted obsessive behavior, senseless compulsions that cannot be helped, has their ability to function hindered in every way due to this anxiety driven mental disorder, requiring medication and other mental practices/strategies to only have a slim chance of overcoming it - it is cringe worthy to view this being said quite regularly.

Regarding your issue, it is great that you show concern for the condition of your laptop but I feel that you're being a bit extreme here. In any case, where I would argue it would be quite unlikely, if something is damaged internally you will notice during normal operation. I wouldn't worry about it.

I hope this helps.