Dropped Calls almost exclusively in my house

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Redsand187, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Redsand187 macrumors member

I've had my 3gs for about a year now. And I've come to notice that in my house there is about a 50/50 shot of a phone call being dropped, not received, or unable to be placed. However, outside of my house, no problems. I am wondering is there something in my house that is causing interference.

AT&T has a tower, less then a mile away, line of sight on the hill opposite of the hill I live on. I can see it from my front door.

What is weird, is it seems like it is more likely to drop calls in my office and bedroom. Both containing 5.4ghz cordless phones, the office has an Airport Extreme base station and a 27" iMac. (used to have a 20" cinema display and quad core g5 in the same place, with the same problems) The bedroom has an LCD TV and my MBP. I am kind of wondering if either the WIFI or the cordless phone networks are causing interference, or possibly the LCD screens? Both rooms are in the front of the house, one on top of the other. It seems like the in other rooms the iPhone is less likely to have problems.

It is even to the point were sitting in my office chair I can attempt to make a call, and sometime, it fails 3-4 times. But if I stand up and walk 10 feet to the foyer, it will dial with no problem.

As you can imagine, it's pretty frustrating.

2. Hatari2u macrumors newbie

Same situation - very similar setup

It just hit me yesterday that our issue at home with dropped calls coincided with my buying the Airport Extreme a few months ago. We never had a GREAT cell signal - but never anything like this. Almost identical set up to yours and we can barely make or receive calls from home anymore. I'd been thinking about getting a microcell but was irritated that I should have to do that because of degraded signal which USED to be there.
    But now I'm convinced it has something to do with Airport Extreme. I'll have to experiment some by powering it off and see how the signal strength is.
    Hope one of us gets an answer!
    Deb