Dropped Calls in 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jctonett, Jun 20, 2009.

1. jctonett macrumors newbie

Not to distract anyone from all the really neat things you can do with an iPHONE, but has anyone noticed whether 3.0 has fixed the issue of random dropped calls. I experienced 2-3 per day with 2.2.1. :mad:

I haven't noticed with 3.0, but that's probably because i've spent the past two days either trying to fix the tethering/VVM issue (I did, but I really couldn't tell you how... just luck, I think), or playing golf. :D

2. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I have experienced more dropped calls with 3.0 than I ever have in the past.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Other folks are reporting less dropped calls in the same locations. Glad to hear it's working out for you!

4. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I have very good service in Philly. Yes there are a couple spots around the city where no matter what I will drop a call, it has gotten a little better with 3.0. Over all I have very good service.

5. camarobh macrumors 6502

None

No dropped calls before or after 3.0 here in San Diego.

6. chachat macrumors newbie

I have the original iPhone and recently upgraded to 3.0 this Thursday. Since that time, I have experienced a number of dropped calls during my daily walk home from work. I cannot recall this happening before the upgrade. It seems that my Edge connection is lost and soon afterward the phonecall is dropped.

Has anyone else experienced more frequent dropped calls, especially on the original iPhone?

Thanks in advance...

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

samezies. I expect it'll be like 2.0 with the 3G. We'll have to wait until the next update for a fix, but then of course the update after that will screw it up again.

8. Mackabadi macrumors member

I live in Philly (center city) and have noticed a dramatic increase in dropped calls since making the upgrade. I had actually had a good many months during which dropped calls were a rarity but literally right after I upgraded the problem has returned. I actually put a call into ATT today to look into this.

9. mindbodysoul114 macrumors newbie

mindbodysoul114

Dropped Calls in 3.0

New York City here...I have not had a dropped call since updating to 3.0 :)
    With 2.2.1 I had drop calls at least 4-5 times a day!!

10. Michaellynas macrumors newbie

Dropped calls 3.0

I upgraded my 3G to 3.0 on Friday and haven't completed a call since. Every call goes silent for a few seconds then drops. I've restored to factory settings but no joy.

I've gone back to my iPhone 2G with 3.0 upgrade and that works fine.

Any ideas? (except sticking with the old phone)

(UK O2)

M

11. kmalone macrumors newbie

I have had a huge increase in dropped calls in Chicago. I can't even remember the last time I had a dropped call. I used to get great reception at my place. Now, I am having a real hard time getting calls to go through. They fail ALL the time. OS 3.0 in generally seems a bit wonky, which is forgivable. A new OS always has kinks to work out. The dropped calls issue really sucks though.

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

13. Christopher8258 macrumors newbie

Since 3.0 every call that last longer then 5 min drops. I have never once dropped a call before.

I have restored my phone to factory nothing seems to help.

14. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I had a 3G with 2.2 and then I put 3.0 on last week, I did not have any issues with either Firmware on a 3G 16 GB White phone in Central NJ. I bought a 16GB White 3GS on Friday and I have been on calls with speaker phone and I have not lost one call, I am wondering if it has anything to do with where you are because I have been traveling from Central to South Jersey and North Jersey in Brooklyn and not one bit of trouble at all.:rolleyes:

15. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

Since upgrading, dropped calls have started for me.... Especially when making a call, it takes me 2 attempts to make a call... hopefully apple are aware of this.....

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I've had a couple of dropped calls, but they were both the result of very shaky signal.

17. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i've been with att since the dawn of cellphones. dropped calls every month since. i doubt it has anything to do with the iphone. i think thats why people like texting so much.

18. jctonett thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm also having problems texting, which I've never had before. It will send, get 90% of the way through, then hang. I have to reset the phone to get them to go.

This is a very strange problem...

19. hardax macrumors regular

Milford, New Hampshire here. I get a lot more dropped calls since upgrading to 3.0

20. tasandkrs macrumors member

21. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I have not had any dropped calls since OS 3.0.

22. jctonett thread starter macrumors newbie

What is driving me nuts is that at least once a day I get a "Call Failed" message. While the phone has a "callback" option, this never seems to work. The only thing that solves the problem is to reset the phone.

23. ZenSurfer macrumors newbie

same problem

It seems that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I have an iPhone 2G (1st Gen) I have been using it quite successfully for the past year with no major problems. Just a few days ago, I updated to OS v3.0 via RedSnow (mac) and the upgrade seemed to go fine. the phone restored and i was on 3.0 and i synched all my contacts, messages and even notes! successfully. Then I noticed starting yesterday, that people were telling me that they were trying to call my phone but the kept getting the message "out of coverage area' I tested it with my office mates and they got the same error message. When I call them I can connect with no problem (although sound quality is bad, but this may be a handset issue) Also, I can send and receive SMS with no problem. Although I am not sure if others are trying to text me and are not getting through