Dropped calls today.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric5964, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

For the most part my reception has been fine...until today (had phone since rollout day). Probably had 6 dropped calls today in an area where my signal strength was reading fine. Read that it might have something to do with ATT selling phones today and many new activations? Anyone else experience this today?

EricE

2. mrFinder macrumors member

I haven't had this exact issue, but I can somewhat relate. My phone today starting getting EXTREMELY SLOW 3G speeds, even though I have 5 full bars of 3G. I put my iPhone 4 side by side with an iPhone 3GS and cleared the history, cache, etc. on both and loaded up a bunch of sites. 90% of the time, the 3GS was about 10 times faster than the iPhone 4 (5 second load time vs. 50 seconds). Even when running speed tests (speedtest.net app) the iPhone 3GS would consistently get around 1800kbps down and 1400kbps up while the iPhone 4 would be sporadic, ranging from 0 - 2000kbps down and up. What I noticed when running this test on the iPhone 4 is that there is a delay when the test starts. I'll hit begin test and the meter will just sit at 0 for about 5 seconds, then it'll slowly starting going up (but not by much). It's very weird, and it only started happening today. So yeah, not quite the same issue as yours, but I can relate.

3. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Are you sure your cheek didn't disconnect your call? That's what has been happening to me (and others). Signal strength is fine, but my screen lights up, my cheek hits it and does all kinds of crazy things - like ends the call.

4. brendan1 macrumors member

I am getting dropped calls where i never did with the 3gs.... with a bumper. :mad:

5. RC83 macrumors 6502