Dropped Calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FrazzledRazz, Jun 26, 2010.

1. FrazzledRazz macrumors newbie

Aside from the antenna issue (which I have seen mild evidence of on my phone), my new iphone has dropped the majority of my phone calls. These calls have all taken place where there have been full bars of service, and in areas where I know do not have service issues. One conversation I was having with my friend today dropped 4 times during the 10 minute conversation. Even when I tested out facetime, the call dropped repeatedly. My sister and I both purchased new iphones and recieved them at the same time, but hers works perfectly, even in the same locations where my calls are failing.

I'm calling Apple tonight, but I was wondering if anyone was experiencing a similar problem with this???? I did a quick search of the forum to see if anyone else had posted about it, but I couldn't find anything recent.

2. FrazzledRazz thread starter macrumors newbie

Nobody else? Well I guess that's a good thing lol

3. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

4. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

frazz where are you?
    im central jersey shore area. funny, i was just having this conversation with a friend today about the 4's antenna issue. i was on bluetooth as to not be holding the phone... 10 minute convo while driving 4 miles from my house to the beach... i dropped the call 4 times. with my 3gs i never had problems driving those roads before.

very frustrating...

5. auero macrumors 65816

Where are you? I've been using my phone all over central jersey. Wall, Belmar, Spring Lake, etc. Basically Ocean and Monmouth county.

6. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

departed brielle, drove bridge ave to 35 into Lavallette, it dropped at brick, in point, bay head and mantoloking. full bars, with clarity, to just "failed"

argh...

7. FrazzledRazz thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in the Chicago 'burbs. Tried calling Apple tonight but after 20 minutes on hold I gave up.... I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Funny story-- I called on my iphone yesterday to try and win some concert tickets from a radio promotion.... The call went through and the person who picked up said "congratulations you are the 25th...." and then the call dropped!!! I didn't care about the tickets, I was just bummed because I try all the time for these things when I'm at work and this was the first time I actually got through LOL

8. Macintosh69 macrumors member

Macintosh69

I live in Maryland and I've been dropping alot of calls too. I'm hoping it's because of all the new iphone users on the network, but I don't know. It's a little distressing. It's the only issue I've had with my phone.