Dropped Entourage keeps showing up on iCal and iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clippi, Apr 17, 2010.

1. clippi macrumors newbie

I have been using Entourage for two years. But it has gotten bloated and slow. I decided to start using iCal, iAddress and Mail exclusively. And I'm generally happy with the change and the increase in speed. Mail and iAddress did fine in the transition. But iCal seems to need Entourage and keeps giving me multiple calendars many but not all duplicating existing calendar entries. Early on in the switch over I went to Entourage preferences and turned off the sync for the apple software. My iPhone also seems to rely only on Entourage for data and I get double entries for each calendar event.

When I go to my list of calendars which are all Entourage, I uncheck one and some entries disappear. Right now I have about 15 Entourage calendar versions.

The problem seemed to get worse last month when I finally upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

Help. Entourage is haunting me.

2. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I also have a problem with ghost calendars and entries. I thought I got rid of them, but, they reappeared. What is worse, since I'm tied to an Exchange server, certain entry types, when deleted, send an email to everyone who received the invitation. Is there some way to get rid of all this old stuff without sending thousands of unwelcome emails?