Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
.:*Robot Boy*:. said:
What is the correct format? Do we do away with the commas or something? :eek:

Yeah. Windows gets it wrong too, and subsequently most NZers actually think that the comma is correct! :eek:

I've actually bug-reported it to Apple a few times (about the defaults for NZ, rather than the lack of a Customise button) but they haven't fixed it yet. With the latest bug report (sent after the release of 10.4.1), I included a 'standards' document, proving that I'm not just making it up, so hopefully they'll pay attention to it :)

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Marble said:
The "Save Linked File As..." feature when right clicking on a link in Safari that lets me choose its location on disk.

Hold down the alt-button and it'll change to "Save Linked File As..." :)

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Nermal said:
No, I mean Sys Prefs -> International -> Formats, and in 10.2 and 10.3 there was a Customise button in the Numbers section.

Ahh, that's what you mean. Yes that'd be nice to have again, I totally forgot about that. I just got used to it.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
macapple said:
sorry i thought it was black before and now it is blue!

I think it was a different shade of blue in Panther...the old one looked something more like this (you can google for a panther screenshot):

apple_logo_40.jpg

Not exactly a lost feature, though.... ;)

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
macapple said:
did they change the color of the apple in the top left corner in tiger?

The new Apple logo is heinous! It looks like it's been made out of Play-Doh or something :eek:.

But actually... I never really got over the loss of the 'rainbow' Apple logo :p.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
Actually, after further analysis, it would appear that it's been designed to match the style of the Spotlight icon.

*sigh* Maybe I can learn to accept it, now that I know there's method in Apple's madness :rolleyes:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
mkrishnan said:
I think ClassicMenu can actually do this, alongside changing the Apple menu functionality back to the old school style.... :)

Brilliant! The lack of Apple Menu Items is what kept me on OS 9 until Jaguar. Hmmm, I wonder if how easily I'll be able to train myself to utilise that menu again :p.

This is awesome, you've made my day, thanks man! :)

(Far out, you know you're a geek when you get this excited over a menu!)

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
So, I just got ClassicMenu up an running... it's so cool! The rainbow Apple menu looks so much better than that horrid blue abomination :p. Plus, it allows me to easily get through my many 'folders, within folders, within folders' hierarchies. What's insanely great is that, by control clicking, you can still access the 'normal' menu (but let's face it, this is the 'normal' menu... you just don't know it yet ;))

Now, where's that "What do you want in Leopard" thread :p.

Tim.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
.:*Robot Boy*:. said:
(Far out, you know you're a geek when you get this excited over a menu!)

Not too loud, it could be understood as "Zealot" , of course I get your point but again, not too loud! ;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Savage Henry said:
Praps I'm gradually turning into a luddite, but I prefered the more lumbered approach that iSync had in previous OSs. I've coped with the changes in Preview, but the iSync still sits uneasily in my guts.

Can you explain this please? I don't understand what it means for iSync to be more or less lumbered....

Also, JFreak, did Panther really get a big speed boost in 10.3.4? I think 10.3.4 or 10.3.5 was the first version I used. But Tiger seems to be faster for most people doing most things than Panther already....

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
mkrishnan said:
Can you explain this please? I don't understand what it means for iSync to be more or less lumbered....
I think what Tiger does with iSync is better, don't get me wrong, but I prefered the old, more awkward and manual way of going about things.

For example, if I'm at work and I need to change an address, I do so on my .Mac, then get home and press my iSync, knowing everything will follow suit onto my accounts and iPod etc. If I don't see the blue-bar building my iSync, I look at the number later on and think "is that the new address or the old one?" It really is just me but I think I want a bit more effort on my part than the improved automated way it does it; knowing I've pressed a button helps my rather jaded memory. It's not the fault of Tiger, it's just a preference I fel for now. I'm sure I'll overcome it.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
I liked that sending progress as well...sometimes, I wonder if it's even sending, or what's going on.

QUESTION: Would it be possible to delete Preview, and then install just that (Panther Preview) from the install disc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.