iPad mini Dropped iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by carjakester, Apr 15, 2014.

1. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i dropped mine screen first on to hardwood floor from about 4.5 feet and it is perfectly fine. are iPads usually this tough or did i get lucky?

i have a full skinomi skin around it so that might have helped. still crazy that there isn't even a dent or any sign that it has been dropped.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm thinking luck more then tough design :)

Glad it ok :)

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Maybe a little of both. My wife dropped hers on our wood floor about a year ago. It had a back shell and Smartcover on it. There is a tiny chip in the glass and a hairline crack near the home button. Luckily it missed the screen and hasn't spread. The black bezel makes it almost unnoticeable.

I am guessing it is all about the angle and the amount of impact. Glad it worked out ok for you!

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I watched mine bounce down ten stairs naked, onto the wood floor, bounce off the door, then down on its face. There is a huge dent in my floor and not a scratch on my ipad. Pretty amazed, and lucky.

5. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

pure luck, especially when u are talking Ipad mini with thinner glass and more delicate body.

6. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

Mine got dropped at around 5 feet from the ground (tile floor). The impact was on the upper right portion of the back of the iPad mini and not a single dent, crack on screen or internal hardware failures! The paint was chipped off but did not deform the chassis of the iPad.

I think its luck and tough design, I saw Apple drop testing iPads in one of their promotional videos and they seem to know their stuff.

7. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

My ipad mini survived a similar drop to yours last year. It made such a loud bang when it dropped I thought I'd had it but it's intact and didn't have a mark on it. I had it in a Belkin case. It was just a regular folio case.

8. carjakester thread starter macrumors 68020

carjakester

That would be terrible to watch, to just see it tumbling down the steps.