Dropped iPad - question: anyone experienced post-fall problems?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by caubeck, Mar 31, 2011.

1. caubeck macrumors 6502

I dropped it in its case but it hit an unprotected corner. Here in Spain the chances of getting a replacement are few. But it may not be necessary.

The glass did not break or chip. The corner on the right of the button in portrait mode was flattened slightly, revealing white plastic. It still connects to the Internet and I see no consequences other than the cosmetic, and just in that corner. It's virtually unnoticeable. Cameras, sound and touch screen work. It still charges, etc.

Thoughts? Or was I just lucky?

2. Jikul macrumors newbie

Lucky? No, you dropped the darn thing, that's not lucky.

Still, you may want to see if it can be replaced. Maybe you get lucky in that regard. :p

3. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

May I ask what exactly you were doing when you dropped it?

4. caubeck thread starter macrumors 6502

5. pokerdan macrumors newbie

It's solid-state, isn't it? No moving parts. It's not like you can kill the hard-drive or anything. If nothing shattered, it's probably fine.

6. caubeck thread starter macrumors 6502

As obvious as that would seem, your reply has actually made me feel better so thanks!

7. hwu182 macrumors member

It's no biggie. I know that there are ways to get it replaced since there is the return policy with Apple which is VERY lenient. I know people who've dropped their ipad, and managed to return it and buy a new one. It's of course a case by case condition.