Dropped iPhone 3G in Water Please Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by btnnaz, Nov 9, 2008.

1. btnnaz macrumors regular

Is there anyway apple will give me the out of warranty price so i just pay 200 for a replacement...or will they make me pay the full unsubsidized price:(

2. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

Most likely you're gonna get hit with the full price.

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yes fullprice, unless they somehow miss out the fact that it's fluid damage an dthey just think it stopped working, chances of that...well very very close to zero sorry:eek:

4. skr1405 macrumors newbie

Dropped my iPhone in water

I dropped my [brand dang new] iPhone 3G in warm water only briefly; I pulled it out immediately. I tried to dry its surface and shake out any/all water and then laid it on a flat surface with my hairdryer on the cool setting blowing directly into the bottom end [where the button/plug-in end are].

In the meantime I alternately cried and cursed and prayed, which helped, I believe.

After about 10 minutes, I checked it, and it seemed fine. The screen's lit, and it indicated low battery, which it had before the unfortunate incident, so I plugged it in, and everything [knock on wood with me, folks] seems okay, so far. Best of luck to you all. Otherwise, send $600 ... ?

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Place it in a zip lock bag full of rice, seal it, let it stand alone for a couple of days. Then check again if it works, if not, prepare to pay the unsubsidized price. Hard way to learn a lesson :(