dropped iphone 3gs white screen, rings, doesn't repond to touch

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by broknstl, Aug 16, 2011.

1. broknstl macrumors newbie

Okay, so I've read a little about dropped iphones with white screens. Some people say just to replace the LCD, some say to replace the lcd and digitizer. The screen is not cracked at all, it still rings but is completely white. I tried to slide the bar over where I think it should be, and nothing happens. How do you know exactly what to replace? I have connected it to itunes and backed everything up. Please help!

On another note, I have another iphone in the family that was submerged in water. It did not work for 2 days until I connected to itunes. Now it is on and seems to be functioning fine, except you can see water in the phone through the screen. I tried a bag of rice, vacuum, and hairdryer....any other suggestions?

2. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

sounds like you have a problem with your butter hands...

A wsod is seriously a pain to get fixed, I'd suggest using the search function. good luck

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you've got a white screen try making sure that all of the wires relating to the screen are connected properly. The white is the LCD and not the digitizer, that simply controls your touch input.

You can get new assemblies on eBay for like 50 bucks. Alternatively, you can pay Apple $200 for an OOW replacement.