Dropped Iphone 4s - partially dead

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by farmerdave, May 17, 2015.

1. farmerdave macrumors newbie

So earlier today I stupidly dropped my iPhone onto concrete, which resulted in a phone which (I thought) was dead as the screen will not come on and the phone wont receive any incoming calls or make any attempt to ring.

However, when I plugged it into my PC, it recognized it without any issues, and I could access all my data via the computer and had the option to backup my files. Although, with this said every 9 seconds or so the phone would make a dinging noise.

So I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the general area of whats wrong here, can't be a simple loose connection for the screen as otherwise the rest of the phone would work fine. Also would it be possible for myself to fix or whether it's time for a new phone? :(

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like it could be one or more of many possibilities. Not likely to figure out without opening it and looking around and knowing what everything is and what it should be like normally.