Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Duckhunter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
I recently dropped my iPhone 5 on to concrete without a case on it. The phone its self is scratched but not damaged to bad. But the phone is now running extremely slow, it takes forever for it to charge (on charger for 8 hours the battery reaches 40%), the screen makes a buzzing noise when it is turned on, and when I go to type a text message it will type about 8 letters then freeze for 30 seconds then I can start typing again. Also the ringer does not make noise anymore ether.

I have been searching and trying to determine what all these symptoms mean and what all I need to replace to fix this problem? Anyone ever had any problems that I have listed above? If so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
It may be worth opening it up to inspect for any internal damage.

Or you could take it to an Apple store and pay the out of warranty replacement price and have them swap your phone out.

Duckhunter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet and check for internal damage, but the way it is acting something is defiantly broke inside it. i just wanted to see if anyone could help narrow it down based on the symptoms I listed earlier!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.