Dropped iPhone 5S on floor, screen is very flaky now

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slapple, Mar 3, 2017.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

I dropped my iPhone 5S onto a hard floor today. After that, the screen was messed up. I could see a bit of extra light shining onto the top right of the screen. The right side of the screen has lost touch capability - when I touch the 4 icons on the right side, nothing happens. I can touch the other icons though. Sadly, I have my Settings and my Phone icons all on the right side, so I cannot access those.

Also, sometimes the screen goes crazy now. If I try tapping it, it acts like I'm tapping it a hundred times, opening and closing random apps, and entering random keystrokes into text fields.

Any idea if this might be an easy fix (not sure if maybe a cable inside just came loose, or if the problem is more serious than that)? How much does it cost to repair a problem like this?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Apple is the best place to get your screen changed out. Prices are here. I'm sure there are third party repair services who can do it for less. That's up to you.