Dropped Iphone in toilet and need help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by senorian, Jun 8, 2009.

1. senorian macrumors regular

Sep 1, 2008
    I know, i feel like a huge tool. Anyways, I accidentally dropped the phone in the toilet. Everything seems to be working ok with one exception. My phone thinks the headphones are plugged in. I try playing music to check if the speakers are still working and when I turn the volume up or down it says headphones. Same problem if I try to make a phone call. I can't hear anything because it thinks the headphones are plugged in. I do know the speaker works though when i'm on the phone. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried rebooting several times and that didn't work. I tried going into safemode but that didn't work either. I'm posting this in the Hacks section because my phone is jailbroke and I'm trying to find out if I have to restore my phone in order to use my warranty.
  2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Sep 16, 2007
    You won't be able to use your warranty if your water sensors were set off.
  3. Cap41 macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2008
    your lucky i did the same thing, i got nothing out of it..Had to pay the 199 to get the out of warrenty replacement.
  4. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2005
    I make double sure to not bring my phone anywhere near the porcelain god.

But as stated above, the water sensors are the big issue.
  5. innov8ion macrumors newbie

Jun 9, 2009
    Just replace the water sensor. Problem solved.
  6. senorian thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 1, 2008
    well I must be very lucky because my Iphone is now working properly. I took a compressed air canister and used it inside the headphone jack. as of now it works perfectly.
  7. leons macrumors 6502

Apr 22, 2009
    where to get them?