Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abdelazizm89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I dropped my iphone in water and I let it dry for two days. It powers on now but the touch screen is not working. Did anyone have the same problem before? Whats wrong with it now? Should I change the LCD? :(
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
I dropped my iphone in water and I let it dry for two days. It powers on now but the touch screen is not working. Did anyone have the same problem before? Whats wrong with it now? Should I change the LCD? :(
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What is wrong with it is that you dropped it in water and didn't take it apart and clean it properly. That being said, it could be the screen or it could be the logic board.

If I were you I would take it to Apple and pay the fee for a new phone. Taking the phone apart is not for the feint at heart.

DizzyV6P

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
You could always try the "stick it in a bowl of dry rice and leave it in there for a day" trick. In theory, the rice will suck out whatever moisture is left in the phone.

It's worked on my old MDA and a friend's Droid X. Its worth a shot b4 you buy a new phone unless you have insurance ;)

EvilShenaniganZ

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2009
If it was like every other phone I would say take the back off, battery out, and yea through it in white rice. But since Apple doesn't have a removable battery IDK..
Maybe try the rice anyways. Worked for me on a HTC before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.