Dropped iPhone, stuck in Vertical view

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vabeachbum, Jun 23, 2010.

1. vabeachbum macrumors newbie

I dropped my phone yesterday. I had just taken the cover off of it a day or two ago. (the cover is back on).

Anyway, the phone seems to be stuck in vertical view. I can't switch to landscape/horizontal view. I have a game that you hold the phone vertically, and lean it left and right to move the character. The character now just zooms to the right, like I'm leaning the phone that way hard. I don't get it.

I have done the hard shut downs. I even installed the 4.0 software last night to see if that would resync my settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    :mad:

2. vabeachbum thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, now it appears to be stuck in landscape, which really sucks.

I have done a factory restore, no luck.

I guess it's time to go to the apple store? That place is going to be a nightmare now....

3. Xenius macrumors newbie

It's possible the accelerometer got messed up. Probably needs fixing by them either way.

4. vabeachbum thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply! Any quick fixes I can try or should I definitely go to the Apple Store?

5. Xenius macrumors newbie

I don't know of any fixes, but I'm in no means an expert. I'd advise the store, but if the phone is at least usable I'd say wait until at least tomorrow.

I'm sure local apple stores are all very crowded today.