Dropped iPhone today when I was bumped into...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFStateStudent, Dec 31, 2007.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

by some woman that was not looking where she was going. I was looking up the title of a book on my Safari/Google Search when this woman came barreling into me, knocking my iPhone out of my hand, sending it to the "carpeted floor" and striking the floor from about the height of about 5 feet. She didn't even offer an apology and said "watch where you're going" and I replied "I've been standing here for about 5 minutes!" I picked-up the iPhone, still in its case and checked every function I could think of and it seemed to be OK! This occurred at about 9:00am and everything seems to be fine! Watch out for those "others" that aren't watching where they are going. I even had my Belkin Clear Acrylic Case on my iPhone, and I use the clip as a gripping device, but this didn't help when the woman ran into me. :cool:

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It was like slow-motion...

as it flew out of my hand, and landed then bounced about three times. I couldn't even describe the woman that bumped into me, since I was too busy watching my iPhone take a dive! :cool:

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you should have dived for it like a football haha yelling NOOOOOOO!!!!

5. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, ten years ago...

I would have given up my body to save my iPhone, even going as far as jumping on a hand grenade to save my iPhone, but nowadays I'm lucky to catch something on the fourth or fifth bounce! :cool:

6. stekerrod macrumors regular

this woman should pay the ultimate price for her rudeness and attempted murder of an iPhone! She should pay with her life!!!!!!

7. kevinwiz macrumors regular

thats not funny

8. robjrussell macrumors member

lighten up. its the internet.

shezus.

9. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

What about tethering...

my iPhone? I have something like that with my Apple BT attached to a lanyard. I would hate to have the bumping incident occur again, and have a dinged or damaged iPhone on my hands. :cool:

10. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

Since it was her fault, that's when you borrow a phone to call the cops! Chances are she either has homeowners insurance or renters insurance with some level of personal liability coverage.

A lot of people are sick and tired of self centered jackasses shucking off their personal responsibilities!

I suppose if the cops would not do anything then it is entirely in the realm of possibility that she could mysteriously experience an "accident" after going around the next deserted corner. ;)

Just kidding. Maybe. I think.

11. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

I laughed aloud. She should! :eek::eek:omgz we're not talking about a razor phone here, we're talking a $400 iphone. At the least she should be hobbled.

12. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

They're pretty tough little animals, actually. I've dropped mine half a dozen times onto concrete or tarmac from four or five feet (in its transparent case) and it still works perfectly and doesn't have a single mark on it.

14. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

Something related, at least how rude people can be, that happened to me in Chicago.

I'm a photographer and I had to go there for a shoot to take a board of directors shot in the front lobby of the company. Anyway my assistant and I had everything set up and ready to go. All the members were coming out and getting into position. This one woman came in through the doors, saw everything going on, AND still managed to bump into one of my lights that was raised above the group.

I see it falling. My assistant sees it falling. My assistant manages to catch it in time but man, that was scary. I could see nearly $800 falling before my eyes.

The woman didn't even bother to say sorry, she just tells me that I shouldn't have put anything in her way.... :mad: :mad:

Oh well.

~Crawn