Dropped iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by memmyok, Mar 24, 2013.

1. memmyok macrumors newbie

i dropped my iphone in the bath and like everything's fine apart from the camera being condensed which i can sort by taking the back off but the only problem is that it thinks i've got headphones in when i haven't and idk how to get the water out of the headphone jack i've tried using cotton wool but i'm gonna try putting it in rice

but i'm just seeing if any of you have had this happen before and how you fixed it

2. erichess22 macrumors regular

You can try plugging them in and taking them out or if that doesn't work, this is gonna sound weird, but put your mouth up to the headphones jack and suck. It's worked for me more than a couple of times. My 4S used to do that constantly.

3. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

Your phone is dead. Maybe it hasn't stopped working completely yet, but it will.

It's only a matter of days, maybe a few weeks. What kills it isn't necessarily the water, but the contaminants inside the water that remain after it's dry. They are corrosive and will eat away at the phone's elements until it dies.

Say your goodbyes, watch a few romantic comedies together on the retina screen, and treat her tenderly.

She's not long for this world.

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

My 4 lasted for months after it was submerged in a lake.... And then I traded it in to best buy on launch day for iPhone 5 so it may still work.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

periods are your friend. and you can try putting it in rice for a day or two to see if that helps.

6. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

Nah, it's dead. I'd get an OOW replacement if I were you.

7. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It's caused by corrosion in the headphone socket (or dock connector port).

You can try cleaning these parts, or replacing them - but personally, I'd just get an OOW replacement - at some point down the line more will most likely stop working.