dropped ipod touch in tea

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rdover71, Feb 25, 2009.

1. rdover71 macrumors newbie

i was wondering if there was any place to get your ipod repaired if it were exposed to liquids since it voids the warranty. My son dropped my ipod in a glass of tea. I dried it on a heater for about 6 hours then charged it and it didnt come back. Any ideas?

2. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Charging after 6 hours? Bad idea unfortunately.

The infamous Bag'o'Rice trick may still have a chance. Put the iPod in a bag of dry rice - as odd as it sounds - and let it sit for maybe 1 or 2 days. The longer, the better.

It will absorb almost all moisture the device may be trapping - and only then should you try to do anything with it. Running electricity through moist electronics is a bad idea, disregarding Young Frankenstein.

Turn it off if it is on, and if it is off do not try to charge it further or turn it on. If nothing happens, and it is truly lost, not only am I sorry for you as gadget death is something I'm all too familiar with - but a second hand repair may cost too much to be worthwhile, and it may be better to just buy a new device.

3. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Go to any online or retail camera equipment dealer, they should have some dessicant packs which are designed for this kind of thing!