Dropped Macbook Fix the Damage?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kolin_bird, Mar 20, 2018.

1. kolin_bird macrumors newbie

I was walking and I slipped on some Ice with my Macbook in my bag, gladly everything worked but 2 marks appeared on the top right-hand side of the chassis of my MacBook (on the pictures) no dents or anything just paint damage. Anything I can do to repair the damage without taking it into Apple?

[​IMG]
    Thank you!

2. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

3. kolin_bird thread starter macrumors newbie

Very rough for me ;(

4. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

ok

5. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

If you want to try to make those marks less visible, and the case is not actually bent, you can try to match the color, probably a flat silver, with a touch-up paint pen. You can usually find something close enough at any large craft store.

6. lpolarityl, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018

lpolarityl macrumors 6502

lpolarityl

Am I the only one wondering how marks appeared on the keyboard area when the laptop is closed and inside a backpack? Did you have any damage to the top of the MacBook?

I'm with @uptownnyc. If it is just cosmetic, personally I would just live with it. Maybe find a paint to match or just cover it with a dBrand or ColorWare skin.

7. exogeneity macrumors member

Nothing much except doing the suggestions given above. A case replacement is not worth it.

8. csurfr macrumors 68000

Isn’t there an sd card slot on that side? It looks like there was a card inserted and the force from that caused the marks in the metal (distressing it so to speak).

9. nutjob macrumors 6502a

The only thing you can do is make it worse. MacBooks are not painted, they're made out of bare aluminium which is then anodised.

10. MichaelDT macrumors regular

Damn, looks like what happens when you rip an hdmi cord out forcefully. Only fix is new top case sadly.

11. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Battle scars, adds character, save your money for the next one. Don't baby your computer use it to make a difference :)

Q-6