Dropped macbook functions fine but won`t charge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macuser14, Jan 7, 2008.

1. macuser14 macrumors newbie

Hey. Please, please, please help me with my macbook woes. I dropped my black macbook from about 2 ft a few weeks ago. It worked fine and I thought nothing of it as I continued to use it that night. The battery drained normally as I used it for a couple hours, and when I plugged it in, it wouldn`t charge (no light came on). Tried a different power cord, didn`t charge still. If I take my battery out and charge it in another computer, it works fine when I put it back in my computer... but the battery still won`t charge in my computer. I have taken it to an apple store and an apple dealer and both say its the logic board ($1200 TO REPLACE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!) Could it be anything else and does anyone know any other avenues I can take to fix this problem other than replacing the whole logic board? AGAIN, MY COMPUTER AND BATTERY BOTH WORK AS NORMAL, THE BATTERY JUST WILL NOT CHARGE IN MY COMPUTER.

2. one1 macrumors 65816

A MacBook is like a crystal vase. It's pretty to look at and exciting to have around, but fragile, fragile, fragile.

Unless you plan on opening it up and looking inside (might as well at this point), you are boned. Go ahead and try to find physical damage inside visually.

3. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

you need to find a good techie friend who can dismantle it to have a look.
    you never know it might be as simple as a bent pin on the battery connector up to a cracked logic board.

If you lived in the UK I could have had a look for you.

4. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

The solution seems simple yet profound: buy a new battery once a day. It will save you a ton on the electrical bill!