Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macstuff11

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2015
My wife had her Macbook Pro 2015 15" on a stand and while open, it managed to slide off and hit the ground (tiles) from about 1.3m. It had a plastic case on it but judging from the dents, it managed to miss the plastic case entirely, fall screen down and on all four corners simultaneously; the best illustration I can give is with this symbol ^ . Everything seems to work, keys work, no damage to screen and she has used it for an hour or so since. Is there chance for any damage that may not be immediately apparent? We have home contents insurance so not overly concerned but still, would prefer not to go through those motions

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
If the machine is still working immediately afterwards chances are you will be fine.....

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
I had the same thing with my 2016 15". Slid out of my bag and onto a concrete floor. One corner has a serious dent/scuff mark, but it still works fine.

macstuff11

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2015
Great, thanks all. Time machine backup done so guess it should be fine. Those dents are painful to look at though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.