Dropped MacBook Pro... Casing issues...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djasmooth, May 24, 2009.

1. djasmooth macrumors member

Hello all, today unfortunately my MacBook Pro fell, I wasn't paying attention and put my laptop on the edge of the table, I heard a huge "boom" and now my screen popped out a little from the front part of the casing and on the side of which the hard drive is, the casing there popped out a little so now I can't fully close the laptop. Thankfully, everything works, but the casing is really messed up, do you know what I can do about this? Where to get new casing... I also have a number for a Certified Apple Tech, should I go through him?

Thanks

2. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

I wonder if there are any covers that convert your macbook pro into a "toughbook".... hmmm.

3. str1f3 macrumors 68000

From a thread on this forum page:

Apple won't fix it. Best to use iFixit. I'm sure you know now but to others, never leave anything on the edge of a table.

4. djasmooth thread starter macrumors member

Well, I don't need the whole LCD replaced because the Screen itself is perfect, but the frame of it is damaged..

Yeah I know, I babied this thing, I had to run to get something and wasn't paying attention! Stupid, stupid, stupid!