Dropped Macbook Pro - Kinda

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eggman32, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Eggman32 macrumors newbie

So about a minute ago I was carrying my macbook pro in the booq case I bought, it slipped out of my hands and dropped a couple of feet. I thought everything would be fine because this case seems so durable, but I opened it up and noticed when the laptop is closed the gap on the right side is much larger, almost like the right corner is bent up a bit. I don't know how this happened from such a small height and in this solid case, but now I no longer have a perfect macbook pro. It's not too big of a deal, but is there anything I can do? Call apple or anything? It's less than 2 months old

2. celticpride678

Apple won't do anything since it's user damage. Gonna have to live with it or find a way to fix it.

3. Eggman32 thread starter macrumors newbie

It just seems like it should be more durable than that. It was hardly even a drop, and this case is so solid. It doesn't look like user damage, would they know if I just said I noticed the top of the notebook looks a bit bent??

4. celticpride678

Yes, because they know that the notebook didn't come with that.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, they would know, and to attempt to deceive them is fraud.

6. Eggman32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know I could never actually do that :p I might just go down to the apple store and see if they could make an adjustment. It seems the hinge might have just been bumped a bit toward the left. Probably would cost me a bit though? Maybe not worth it

7. SidBala macrumors 6502a

8. Eggman32 thread starter macrumors newbie

I set the computer on a flat surface and I kinda just gently pushed on the corner a bit, it seems almost back to normal now. Are these things really that malleable? I suppose being aluminum and all... I guess I have to be even more careful than I was before :confused:

9. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

I've dropped my 15in 3x's i my booq case already and moved the screen back in place all 3 times lol. There are 2 other 15in MBP's in my family and even with 3 drops, its impossible to tell one from another.

The Booq case rocks =).

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Apple won't fix or adjust it without opening it up to inspect it first. If they diagnose it as a drop damage they will not fix it.

11. Eggman32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I guess I should be happy more damage was not done. The case did do what it was supposed to, theres just a slightly larger gap on the right side now only when it's closed. I just hate there to be anything at all to be un-perfect about this $2000 machine. But I guess I shouldn't have dropped it :p

12. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Man.. I'm sorry to hear of your accident but what sort of damage have you done? can we see some photos? umm.. I like pictures.