Dropped Macbook Pro - Kinda

Eggman32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2010
So about a minute ago I was carrying my macbook pro in the booq case I bought, it slipped out of my hands and dropped a couple of feet. I thought everything would be fine because this case seems so durable, but I opened it up and noticed when the laptop is closed the gap on the right side is much larger, almost like the right corner is bent up a bit. I don't know how this happened from such a small height and in this solid case, but now I no longer have a perfect macbook pro. It's not too big of a deal, but is there anything I can do? Call apple or anything? It's less than 2 months old

Eggman32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2010
It just seems like it should be more durable than that. It was hardly even a drop, and this case is so solid. It doesn't look like user damage, would they know if I just said I noticed the top of the notebook looks a bit bent??

Comment
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
It just seems like it should be more durable than that. It was hardly even a drop, and this case is so solid. It doesn't look like user damage, would they know if I just said I noticed the top of the notebook looks a bit bent??
Yes, because they know that the notebook didn't come with that.

Comment

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Yes, they would know, and to attempt to deceive them is fraud.

Comment

Eggman32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Yes, they would know, and to attempt to deceive them is fraud.
Yeah I know I could never actually do that :p I might just go down to the apple store and see if they could make an adjustment. It seems the hinge might have just been bumped a bit toward the left. Probably would cost me a bit though? Maybe not worth it

Comment

Eggman32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2010
I set the computer on a flat surface and I kinda just gently pushed on the corner a bit, it seems almost back to normal now. Are these things really that malleable? I suppose being aluminum and all... I guess I have to be even more careful than I was before :confused:

Comment

newbiemacguy128

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
I've dropped my 15in 3x's i my booq case already and moved the screen back in place all 3 times lol. There are 2 other 15in MBP's in my family and even with 3 drops, its impossible to tell one from another.

The Booq case rocks =).

Comment

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Apple won't fix or adjust it without opening it up to inspect it first. If they diagnose it as a drop damage they will not fix it.

Comment

Eggman32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Well I guess I should be happy more damage was not done. The case did do what it was supposed to, theres just a slightly larger gap on the right side now only when it's closed. I just hate there to be anything at all to be un-perfect about this $2000 machine. But I guess I shouldn't have dropped it :p

Comment

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Man.. I'm sorry to hear of your accident but what sort of damage have you done? can we see some photos? umm.. I like pictures.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.