Dropped MBP Early 2011, but nothing happened

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uhhh54, Sep 24, 2012.

1. uhhh54 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    I just recently dropped my MBP 2011 on the floor from a desk, on a carpet floor I should add.
    It was charging, and my cable wrapped around my chair, and when I moved back, it fell. It fell on the charger side, right on that corner where the charger plugs in. I see no physical damage, and I have a case on both the top and botto part of the computer.
    When it fell, the video that was playing started repeating, and the 3 beeps of death occured. I immediately shut off my computer, and restarted, and it seems like nothing happened. Do you think my computer will be fine? Are there any future possible problems from it?
    The 3 beeps has happened once before in the 1 and a half years I've owned it, when I dropped my iphone from about 1 foot high onto the keyboard, and it gave the 3 beeps.

2. Raunien macrumors 6502

Not quite sure about the iPhone beeps, but...

If I were you, I would run the apple hardware test (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1509) just to make sure nothing is wrong.

3. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

could be that in the impact the RAM banks got messed up a little

4. blkmac macrumors newbie

My worst fear... sounds like it was just a scare. I agree run the apple hardware test.

5. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

You could run into future problems.
    Maybe you're just not seeing it for now but might come later.