Dropped Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by okocim, Sep 18, 2007.

1. okocim macrumors newbie

My mighty mouse fell off my desk this afternoon and no longer will turn on nor connect, is there anything I can do or am I just out of luck?

2. iElin macrumors newbie

3. Borderlaw macrumors newbie

Mm

I suppose you've tried patting it, feeding it some fresh cheese and changed it's batteries and made sure the base is firmly attached. Otherwise it looks like it's now a piece of desk art. Best of luck.

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

5. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

bring it to an apple store. See if they can open that lil guy up and fix it. If not, call apple care. If you got it less than a year ago they might be able to help you. You'd have to ask about the guidelines on your warranty.

6. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

The only problem is Apple Care doesn't cover accidental damage. Even if they dropped the mouse on purpose it still would not be covered.

7. okocim thread starter macrumors newbie

alright I'll try replacing the batteries and calling applecare when I get back from class.

8. okocim thread starter macrumors newbie

I took the battery cover off and pulled upward the small rectangular piece under the circular sensor and now it works! Great success!

9. newmacdaddy macrumors newbie

electronic tech

Does this mean I can fix stuff? NOOO it only means that when something doesn't work, I tell myself that its ok to tear it apart and if i cant fix it, hey I am qualified to trash it.. So I dropped my might mouse on the hard floor 3 feet, then I panicked because my pet DIED..So I took it apart OF course ...yes it looks like the bottom outer ring needs to be glued back together but after prying it off and prying the side gently to pull main electronics out, i found that THE MAIN TOP CIRCUIT BOARD IS HELD DOWN WITH BLACK TABS WHICH POPPED OUT..JUST POP YOUR CIRCUIT BOARD BACK IN AND MAKE SURE MICRO SWITCH UNDER IT ALIGNS WITH THE OTHER PLASTIC PIECE WHICH IS TIED TO THE DOOR UNDER THE MOUSE THAT TURNS IT ON.. THEN...ALL FIXED... WOW YOU DID IT..congratulations.. YOU ARE A TECH...If that doesnt fix it..oh well..store is just down the street. :)

10. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Thank you for reviving a 1 and a half year old thread with such a random story... ;)