Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awayguns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Hi,

I dropped my MBP last Friday and there was a small dent near the magsafe port. It still worked fine until the battery died. After, the battery wouldn't charge anymore and my MBP wouldn't switch on even with the adapter connected. The magsafe light still stayed green though.

I took it to an Apple store and they told me the logic board was damaged and it would cost 45,000 Philippine pesos to replace (around $1,000). That's too much for me. I was wondering if I had any other alternatives, like if I could fix it myself. I feel that the problem's just with the magsafe port area and not the entire board.

Azathoth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
Can you debug circuits, solder and use test equipment? If so then you might be able to repair yourself. If not, you're stuck with Apple's crazily high logic board prices.

involver

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2010
Unfortunately almost everything inside a Macbook Pro is on the main Logic Board so they would probably just replace that...

dN41EryNHtwXuHjH.large

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.