dropped my 17 dayz old 13 inch MBP..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chetan6686, Jun 7, 2010.

1. chetan6686 macrumors member

Hi All,
    I have 2 problems..first of all yesterday i saw some ants coming out from the vent and i was shocked so i thought of cleaning my desk and i kept the MBP at a shelf which is around half feet above ground and my poor MBP(lid closed and powered off) slipped n it fell down...:(
    Now when i restarted the machine evrything worked just the keyboard backlight didnt glow but again after restarting it was normal..the lights were back to normal..everything is allright now..and Apple hardware check also was successful.
    But i m tensed..that something might have gone wrong..coz of the drop..is it really possible that something might have gone wrong..n will show up in future??
    N please help me with the ants problems..
    Thanks in advance
    :)

2. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

if you mbp is still working thats a good sign.
    the drop probably didn't damage anything if there isn't an immediate sign of malfunction.
    why were there ants in your mbp?
    hope they weren't eating your thermal paste!

3. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

get some ant killing powder- dash it on the vent or anywhere you see them and in 5mins they will be gone!

As for your MPB, it should be ok since it was switched off.

4. chetan6686 thread starter macrumors member

Itz been 15 hours since the drop and everything is working normal..am just paranoid...that something might go wrong..by the way macbooks can handle half a feet fall i guess ?? :D..so much for the premium we pay for these beauties....
    N as for ants i donno how they crept inside..I keep my mac inside a sleeve n then put it inside my backpack..
    Are these ants gonna cause serious damage??i love my mac..i feel so tensed!!:(

5. raferoche macrumors newbie

Ants, Aspertame, BP and your Bruised MBP

Sorry to hear about the drop, that's a bummer, it's probably okay but cosmetically probably not and nothing worse than looking at a blemish on a mac, it's like needing panelbeating on your mercedes but it's a stolen car so you're reluctant to take it to Tonys Used Car Parts and Coffee Shop.

Okay firstly NEVER use ant killer if you value your health and your pets likewise for flyspray that stuff will kill ya !
    USE Aspertame - so grab some sweetener, you know the stuff we use as a sugar substitute, ants hate that stuff man, they won't go near it, nor should we but anyway it works.

Second LOSE your mac ie you got robbed, the thief took your macbook pro and maybe your Canon 5D Mk2 (that you didn't really own) and claim on it under your home insurance and while claiming treat yourself to a couple of other bits ie new coffee machine and a new pair of headphones.......NOW to make sure the insurance robots and the cops buy your story tell them "the thieves even took a half eaten chicken in your fridge and a pair of your underwear", that will hush them up, they'll be reluctant to continue the conversation and more likely to wrap up the claim faster....... ching ching - new laptop and a bunch of other treats, give the hand me down stolen stuff to a local charity that is anti BP, Tom Cruise and Glee.

6. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Wow, insurance fraud? Gotta love American integrity... :eek:

7. chetan6686 thread starter macrumors member

hahahahha..what imagination :D
    Newayz no scratches on my MBP..perfectly new..so i sud rest assure dat nothin will happen to it coz of dat drop...:D

8. vant macrumors 65816

Judging by the way you type, I'm not surprised your MBP was dropped and infested with ants.

9. damnyooneek macrumors 6502

10. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Lolzzzzzz :D

11. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

MBPs are real candy, that's why ants are all over them... :D