Dropped my Apple Wireless Keyboard, dent, need help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Doomded, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Doomded macrumors newbie

Well, I dented they keyboard RIGHT on the power button, so that it is completely stuck. Now, I do see some sort of closed opening behind the side of the keyboard where the power button is, that if opened I could probably unjam it. However, I am able to find NO disassembly guide on the newest version of the Apple Wireless Keyboard.

Can anyone help me find one, or help in any way?

(Not sure if this is posted in right section, I chose this over peripherals since its help, I guess)

2. MacOCD macrumors regular

I wouldn't try to even fix it... you may want to go to the Apple store and see if it can be replaced... yes it is probably a warranty void but who knows... you may just end up messing it up in general trying to fix it...

3. Doomded thread starter macrumors newbie

Rather than starting another topic, I will go ahead and respond to this as it 'was' a warranty void (as per calling Apple Customer Support), and wonder if there's any other suggestions as to how I could fix this? A disassembly guide could really help, if anyone finds one.

Just fixed my own problem, after many months :p

If anyone runs into this difficulty, shave the sides of the area where the power button is (And the dent), until the button is pressable again. Worked for me.