Dropped my imac!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Keiranmorphew, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Keiranmorphew macrumors newbie

Moving my iMac around and i put down for a second turned my head and it tipped over! Still going over how i managed to be such an idiot in my head!! However it started off by not turning on because the RAM had became loose, i adjust that and now its running fine. The only problem i have now is on the case above the camera and on the mic it has buckled!? Not sure i can live with it looking in such bad shape. My first idea in how to solve it is take it to Apple and pay for a new case, does anyone know how much they cost through Apple? Has anyone experienced this and how did they resolve it?

Thanks for reading! Keiran

2. Serban Suspended

probably around 600-1000$. You have the 27" right?

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

Can you take a picture of the damage? Might help us give you any advice.

4. bluescale macrumors member

Bummer man. At least it's still working. I wonder if you can find any non-working, parts only ones on ebay or Craigslist. Are you comfortable doing the work yourself (you've already voided your warranty by dropping it, I'm guessing)?

5. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Hey, just wanted to say that while I don't know of anyway to help you, I at least want to offer an internet pat/hug. It must've been pretty heart wrenching -- I've done something similar and it's like all time stops for a moment! I'm glad it still runs, hope everything gets sorted out!

6. Keiranmorphew thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, theres some scuffs on the bottom of the screen but atm i think i can live with it. As heartbreaking as it is i haven't got a choice because knowing Apple i cant imagine it being cheap. I plan to get a new model in maybe a year or two. Cheers guys!

7. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Live it with it now if it's working. Save for the 1-2 years like you mentioned, sell the current and get what you can from it. Seems to be the most sensible solution as of now.

On a side note.. I am very sorry to hear about the spill! Be extra careful next time around.

8. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

Wow I can't imagine spending that much money on a computer and dropping it like that. :( My heart goes out to you lol.