iPad Dropped my iPad quite bad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sash, May 31, 2013.

1. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

I managed to drop my iPad 3 so bad that the glass in the corner got broken + 3 cracks through the whole surface. iPad remains responsive, there is no issues with quality of the picture or so. Does anybody know, how replaceable the glass is and is it a costly thing?

Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Nothing on the iPad is user replaceable but your warranty is void so you could try to pick up a new screen online and try to fix it. I would take it to Apple and see if they'll do some sort of OOW replacement.

3. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Apple charge a flat fee to replace it like for like, in the uk it's about £140, so 1/3 of the price of a new one

4. sash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sash

Too bad... Expensive joke.

5. tomaseriksson macrumors member

tomaseriksson

6. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i'm guessing 1/3 the cost for a replacement is cheap. my daughter dropped her 64GB 4th generation ipod touch and that was $299 to replace.

7. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

I've done it, not impossible. You need to be patient and good with your hands.

8. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

They do. Full sized iPad is, as I recall, $249 for wifi only models, $299 for wifi+cell

9. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

it is doable. you can do it but be patient. and make sure you have all the tools before you start on it. watch youtube videos over and over again so that you will not miss anything.

check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYgL-tTrtYQ

10. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

My advice re YouTube tutorials, just find the longest video you can find that covers every detail, some go over an hour long. Too long? Sure but you can skip over it if u want. Too short? They might miss something important (like maybe *snip* a wifi aerial)

11. sash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sash

Hi,

Thank you all SO MUCH for your advises! I bought the glass for 25 EUR and replaced it myself. It's quite easy indeed. The only thing, you have to watch these videos often enough to get the concept and foresee the possible issues.

sash