iPad Dropped my iPad quite bad

sash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
I managed to drop my iPad 3 so bad that the glass in the corner got broken + 3 cracks through the whole surface. iPad remains responsive, there is no issues with quality of the picture or so. Does anybody know, how replaceable the glass is and is it a costly thing?

Thanks!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Nothing on the iPad is user replaceable but your warranty is void so you could try to pick up a new screen online and try to fix it. I would take it to Apple and see if they'll do some sort of OOW replacement.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
i'm guessing 1/3 the cost for a replacement is cheap. my daughter dropped her 64GB 4th generation ipod touch and that was $299 to replace.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Nothing on the iPad is user replaceable but your warranty is void so you could try to pick up a new screen online and try to fix it. I would take it to Apple and see if they'll do some sort of OOW replacement.
They do. Full sized iPad is, as I recall, $249 for wifi only models, $299 for wifi+cell

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
My advice re YouTube tutorials, just find the longest video you can find that covers every detail, some go over an hour long. Too long? Sure but you can skip over it if u want. Too short? They might miss something important (like maybe *snip* a wifi aerial)

sash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Hi,

Thank you all SO MUCH for your advises! I bought the glass for 25 EUR and replaced it myself. It's quite easy indeed. The only thing, you have to watch these videos often enough to get the concept and foresee the possible issues.

sash