Dropped my iph4-urgent help needed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethanehunt, Aug 22, 2010.

1. ethanehunt macrumors newbie

Hi!!
    Am badly fked up.. Dropped my new iphone4 today and dont know hw shall I get it fixed? Can anyone kindly tell what to do ? What r the options available to get it fixed? Any insurance covers up plz let me know. As today is my 30th day i took the phone.
    Please help me out what shal i do

2. evo3rs macrumors newbie

Apple will replace it for $199, is it unusable?.

3. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Apple will give you a non warranty exchange device for $200.

4. ethanehunt thread starter macrumors newbie

I jst called my brothet nd he was talking something abt a squaretrade insurance program... Hw abt that?
    And if i call the app care, do they ship to my place or i have to go to the store? If thats a non warranty ph, do u suggest me taking that or an insurance nd claiming it?

5. ethanehunt thread starter macrumors newbie

The ph is working good, jst the front screen got broken, even after having a bumper on to it. I knw that bumper doesnt give full protection, but still ...

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Square Trade kicks in after 30 days I believe. It's $100 to sign up and $50 deductible. You'll have to mail your phone in and wait a couple days. For an extra $50, you can get your phone replaced immediately at apple today.

7. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

This is why parents shouldn't buy iPhone 4s for their middle schoolers.

8. ethanehunt thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine is a 32 gb one. Is this also fr 200$?

9. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I suggest writing something coherently so we can better understand and try to help.

10. ethanehunt thread starter macrumors newbie

Huh!! Firstly, am not a school going or a college going punk, am married fr the past 24 yrs nd next month is my 25 th anniversary..

11. pullfocus macrumors 6502a

pullfocus

12. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

I'm calling ********...

However, if that is true, then learn how to spell...:mad: There is no reason that you can't form coherent sentences. At all. Sit back, take a breath. It's a damn phone, not your kid....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

You have very poor grammar leading anyone to believe that you're some dumb kid.

14. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Does a persons age or background really matter? He came for advice, is it really hard for people to give sound advice without the lousy, pathetic attitude that comes with it?

15. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Best option was already given. Take the broken iPhone and $200 to the nearest Apple Store.

16. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

How about your method of payment? Did you use a credit or debit card to pay for the phone? I believe AMEX has some kind of insurance for the first 90 days after purchase.
    I would call your bank and ask them if you have coverage before dealing with Apple.

17. Worf macrumors regular

He has better grammar than i would expect from a sChitty College alumni.

18. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Walk into your local apple store, pretend your on your iPhone talking to someone and bump against a table on purpose and let your iPhone fall out of your hand and pretend to be shocked! Like you just dropped your child, add tears of your man enough... Lol

Make sure this takes place in front of employees so someone can see! Perhaps they will feel sorry for you and replace for free.

^I would really do this!

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

or perhaps it be caught on the security camera and one of the Geniuses will put it on Youtube so we can all enjoy. TS sometimes straight is best at least at the end of the night you sleep good. Sometimes if your honest people will you out.

20. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

well, that would make you at least 43yrs old (if you got married as young as 18yrs old)

If someone who is 43yrs old types and communicates the way you do it is indeed a scary scary world.

Take your phone back and pay for a replacement ... can't really live with a cracked up screen, that would drive me nuts.

21. DeuxIt macrumors member

visa and mastercard credit cards (not debit cards, i don't think) offer purchase protection for accidental damage too.

22. S.Kay macrumors member

S.Kay

That's insurance fraud.

23. Cuthbert macrumors regular

Here is the easy 4 step process

1. Buy Delorean
    2. Instal flux capacitor
    3. Go back in time
    4. Put an Otterbox on your phone

For cripe's sake people! Why buy a 300+ dollar phone and not put a case on it? Please let this poor user with bad English be a lesson to you.

24. Zcott macrumors 68020

Because all the cases spoil the aesthetics? I haven't used a single case since the first iPhone and I've never had any trouble. Being careful is much better.