Dropped my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rickzster, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Rickzster macrumors newbie

being the intelligent and acute person that i am, i dropped my iphone in class today. big problem i think, as the screen just turns on white with nothing else on it except ominous static-like lines on the side every now and then. software still seems to work as it is recognized by my pc + was still playing music, but the blank screen terrifies me. i realize i am royally screwed, but how much do you all think it would be to fix this problem? (my guess...replace the screen?):confused: lets hope i have a warranty

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Your warranty won't cover a drop. I have heard that the screen replacement through Apple isn't terrible, around $120 I think for a repair. All in all it is better than buying a new phone. Sorry that this happened to you.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Is there visible damage to the outside of the phone? Apple will more than likely replace it if they can't tell it was dropped.

(cue the moral police flame session)

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

thats true, just take it into an Apple store and see what they say.

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Over the weekend, I was skateboarding with BOTH of my iPhones in my front jacket pocket. I hit a crack and fell directly onto them. No damage done... I'm happy.

They were both in their Sena Eléga cases by the way.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Why would you skate with the iphones in your pocket? That is just asking for trouble. I would put them somewhere safe first. :eek:

7. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

8. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

Yeah bring it to apple and dont say you dropped it and see what they say

9. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

:rolleyes:

Loads of reasons,

Option 1:

Phone 1 is for work Phone 2 is for personal (my set up)

Option 2
    Or, had old 2G iPhone upgraded to 3G but is a 2G iPhone really deservant of sitting in the drawer collecting dust??? :eek:

Grab a prepay SIM and hey presto :D

Option 3 (probably a lot rarer than 1&2)
    The MAX tariff simply isn't enough so you need two (I know sounds silly but when you think of some people's usage - quite possible)

I'm sure they are loads more reasons...

TheSpaz which box do you sit in? ;)

10. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Option 4: I had a refurbished 1st gen iPhone. I upgraded to the 3G and gave my 1st gen to my girlfriend for free ;). Then I really missed my 1st gen (I love how it looks and feels) so I bought another one on eBay (8GB). The 8GB 1st gen was kinda scratched and had a scratch on the screen... so I didn't like it. Then I heard that Apple was selling refurbished 4GB iPhones on their website. Sadly, I missed out on that deal, but I was still able to get one of those refurbished models (sealed in the box) from eBay for twice as much as Apple was selling them. Then I unlocked it and threw my old pre-paid sim card in it and use it as my backup iPhone/test phone. It's cool when I wanna experiment with different hacks with it so I can find out what works and what doesn't before I try any of that crap with my precious 3G. I don't wanna screw up my main iPhone, so I test stuff on my 1st gen first. Sometimes I carry both with me. I really wish the 3G was as rugged as the 1st gen :(

Surprisingly, neither of the iPhones suffered any visual damages. They both seem to be running fine too. No cracks or anything! I sure am glad I have those Sena cases... they're padded well.

11. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

:apple::cool::apple:

;)

12. Rickzster thread starter macrumors newbie

whew went to istore, gave me a new phone within 30 minutes of standard procedure. thanks all :)

13. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

What is this amazing istore place that you speak of? ;)

14. svndmvn Guest

guess you didn't tell them you dropped it,huh?