Dropped my iPhone..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zerase, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Zerase macrumors member

Zerase

First time i've ever dropped it. Was walking out of blockbuster and missed my pocket.. dropped it on concrete. Wearing a blue iFrogz skin and no cover over it.

I almost had a heart attack, it landed face down so I freaked and knew it broke.. Picked it up .. The case was tore up badly, but the phone doesnt have a single scratch on it.. Man was I lucky. Anyway; wanted to share my 'Thank God' moment.

2. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

Sooo glad I got a case for my iPhone. For times just like that. Thank god you phone wasn't badly damaged.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm glad your phone wasn't damaged. Be more careful in the future!:p

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

good that you were using a case and good you didn't get any scratches. That's the reason I won't use without some sort of case. Phone is bound to get dropped at some point even if just off a desk.

5. jacobgaul macrumors regular

i run with a air jacket only.. thx god for squaretrade lol

id cry if i dropped my phone and broke it if i didnt have insurance.

nice save on you having a case on your phone tho! be carefffffffffuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllllllll

6. alansaysstop macrumors regular

I bought my 3G S from best buy and got the black tie protection in it for this reason alone. I'd hold my breath everytime I'd drop my 3G even though it had a case on it. Cases don't stop glass from breaking.

Interesting story, my friend and his girlfriend were picking me up one day and while she was moving her seat up for me to have some room in the back before getting in, she droped her first gen iPhone on the bolt that holds the seat in. Needless the say I thought she was kidding until she showed me the shattered screen. All I could do was cringe.

7. Zerase thread starter macrumors member

Zerase

Ouch to your friend and the bolt :( That's horrible.

I've had bad run ins before. My RAZR V3xx Platinum was in my pocket at work, i turned a corner and my leg hit the corner of the desk.... in the same place as my phone.. and shattered the front screen..

Was NOT happy; but thankfully I could get a replacement. If it was my iPhone... I would have had to leave work early. :(

8. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

my "friend"(sort of) was playin the shotgun app on my phone and started to shake it rapidly to get it to work he lost his grip and threw my phone i had a casemate slider on it one scratch on top. I punched him in the gut (in my head) picked up the phone and left no one has touched my phone since. ;)... except me of course

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I disagree about the cases not stopping glass from breaking (knock on wood :) ). I have a leather Hurley case that is a flip-up style that totally surrounds my iPhone. The only way I could break the glass is if I dropped it and stepped on it. But I've dropped it plenty of times. It looks the same as when I bought it.

10. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

The Black Tie insurance is worth every penny. My wife shattered her screen tonight and I went to BB and the fill out paperwork and send the phone off and in 3-5 days ill get a refurb. they offered a crappy loaner but she is using an old first gen iphone for now.

11. topherg macrumors regular

This actually happened to me a few years back when I had a tmobile MDA. I dropped it in a parking lot and then stepped on it! I was pretty upset but it was a crappy winmo phone anyways!

12. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

For one year I never dropped my iphone. Not once. But last week as I was walking down the street I kept staring at a cute driver as I was putting my iphone back in my pocket.. but just barely missed the pocket when I release the iphone.

it dropped on concrete.. the iphone is alright just two little dents on the metal around the screen. It could have been MUCH worse :(

13. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

My iPhone used to live in a case (inCase Slider) ... But after I noticed the crazy bezel scratches and got a new iPhone I got an invisibleSHEILD and have loved it. I love the naked feel with protection from daily scratches, hopefully I don't drop it, haha.