Dropped my iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DaMob, Mar 13, 2010.

1. DaMob macrumors member

Okay this may be a silly question, but I'm really worried

2 hours ago, I accidentally dropped my Touch from 1m heigh. Now I'm just wondering what real damage it could do besides some scratches.

"Luckily" it fell on his back, so no worries from the touchscreen. But how about the interns from the device? I only got him this week and as usual I'm worried about everything I just got new...

So any long term damages?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's possible that a connector came loose or something, but if it works now it'll probably be ok.

3. DaMob thread starter macrumors member

Yeah no problems so far, connected it to my laptop and no problems synchronising/charging. But still I feel worried... Stupid me...

4. mosiejczuk macrumors member

yeah, the first times hurt the most ;d you'll get used to it :) once when falling it broke my power switch, I had to take the back cover off to fix it.

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

6. creon macrumors 6502

7. metalhead777 macrumors regular

They are pretty durable, just not as much as the iPhone. :)
    I'm sure nothing's been juggled within the device, so long as you haven't opened it. No need to be worried! :D :apple:

8. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I hope that your smiley implies sarcasm, because the iPhone is NOT DURABLE AT ALL. I dropped mine ONCE from about 18 inches off the ground, and it fell flat on it's face. The glass SHATTERED. Because of crappy build quality, the glass sticks out past the bezel. True genius, Apple. The plastic creaks, the buttons get caught beneath the plastic shell.... oh yeah... reallllllyyyyy durable. :mad:

9. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Hrm, you noticed that the glass sticks past the bezel, but you didn't buy a case?

10. metalhead777 macrumors regular

And this is why you buy a case and DON'T drop it! I've dropped my iPhone a couple of times, but thanks to my case, it's been saved! You, sir, either have very bad luck, or karma just bit you in the ass! :D :apple:

11. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I have a case now. I hate it because it turns such a sleek, beautifully-designed phone into a chunky, ugly thing. But my point is that since it is a mobile device, it should not break the FIRST time it suffers a minor drop.

And the OP should probably get a case too :p

12. metalhead777 macrumors regular

At least you have a phone, especially the iPhone! Other people would kill to have it, but the prices (Buying the product itself and paying 90$ a month) are quite high for most people even though it's the top phone in the world, last I checked. You could just get a crappy slide phone and use that if you don't like bulky phones. Appreciate what you have, and don't wish it could be something else. :D :apple:

13. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

You're completely missing the point. I'm simply saying that it's not very durable phone (compare the 3GS to the 2G... the 2G is a rock), and when you put a case on it it becomes slightly more durable at the expense of visual appeal. I love my iPhone except for its non-existant battery life and how fragile it is.

14. metalhead777 macrumors regular

True, but you get what you pay for. 2g iPhone may be as solid as a rock, but it's not as fast. Where as if you get the 3gs iPhone, you get a faster processor, at the expense of losing the durablity and the "battery" issue. :apple: