Dropped my macbook and its freezing up

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by brett57, Oct 27, 2008.

1. brett57 macrumors newbie

I dropped my macbook (heart wrenching..i know) It was giving me trouble restarting it. Now it starts up and when it does it makes this really loud noise. my guess is the cd drive? every application is opening as slow as it can. nothing is working. its shut down on me a few times. i know i need to take it in..but in the mean time is there anything i can do? i need help asap. thank you

ok as of now, it takes too long to open any application. it freezes completely.

2. EnderTW macrumors 6502

If you bought it with-in 2 weeks, return it for a new one.

If not,

Apple Care FTW!

3. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Sorry to hear bud.

I hope the Macbook does not have any marks or dents incurred from the dropping. I say this because Apple may not refund/fix it if they think its accidental damage.

In the meantime, open the battery latch and make sure the harddrive is sitting properly and the RAM. Disconnect them and connect them again.

Hope it all works out for you though.

4. brett57 thread starter macrumors newbie

i wish!! ive had mine for about a year. the sides of my macbook have started peeling off! the casing around my cd drive has fallen off. im not even hard on my computer (aside from this one time i dropped it!) my girlfriends computer has started peeling as well.

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I watched as customers laughed at a lady trying to return an iPod she sat on saying it came that way.