Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nezmustafa123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
was carrying my Macbook pro in my laptop bag over my shoulder and held the door open for someone that person accidentally knocked me in the arm as the were walking past and my bag fell on the floor, I have a hard plastic case on it and when I looked there was a small scuff on the plastic case itself on the corner which I put on and not on the mac, also I did a diagnostic test and it said there were no problems, could it still be damaged? I mean the internal components.
It fell from about 4 feet.

Thanks

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
was carrying my Macbook pro in my laptop bag over my shoulder and held the door open for someone that person accidentally knocked me in the arm as the were walking past and my bag fell on the floor, I have a hard plastic case on it and when I looked there was a small scuff on the plastic case itself on the corner which I put on and not on the mac, also I did a diagnostic test and it said there were no problems, could it still be damaged? I mean the internal components.

Thanks

If everything is running, it's probably fine.

Also, this is the Mac Pro (desktop) forum. You might get better advise in the MacBook Pro (laptop) forum.

Reactions: jbarley

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015

Thanks
You should wait for next mac pro. You wont have to worry about that. By the way, just use it till you run into some problems. Nobody knows.

Reactions: ZapNZs

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
You had the the plastic case on it? Good on you man. I think you should be fine. The case did what it was supposed to.

I had speck cases on both of my previous Macs and one for my 2016, I don't know how people walk around without one. They're so slippery.

Reactions: nezmustafa123

ZapNZs

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2017
I would not worry about it if you already did the diagnostic test and everything came back fine. The MacBook Pro fares quite well when exposed to impact as far as consumer-grade non-ruggedized laptops go. I see ones all of the time with entire edges caved in from impact that run perfectly fine. As classy as they are, they can survive quite a lickin'.

Reactions: pat500000

Merkava_4

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2010
California
Please tell me more about the plastic case that prevented any cosmetic damage from a 4ft drop.

I promise you I will go to the manufacturer's website and bookmark it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.