Dropped my MacBook...questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by turnstylez18, Sep 17, 2007.

1. turnstylez18 macrumors regular

i just dropped my macbook...although it was in an incase sleeve and in my backpack with a laptop cushion compartment thing...

im using it now..but am a bit paranoid...is there anything i should look for? so far doesnt seem like nething is wrong...

but will i have any software issues.etc? i just want to make sure i am fine... thanks

2. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

3. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Check for any physical deformation cracks on the outer body- if not, then you should be fine.

Do check to make sure that your audio, video, disk drives are all functioning properly.

4. WillMak macrumors 6502a

if it makes you feel any better I toss around and drop my macbook all the time while it's in the incase (without backpack). It has been running fine for a year now. You just get your macbok?

5. whistler72 macrumors member

I'm about to get one. I hope nothing like this happens to me..

6. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

If your using it now to browse the forums then it's not broken so be happy :)

7. turnstylez18 thread starter macrumors regular

ive been using it now actually...i just watch an hour long dvd...everything seems to be working fine...audio, dvd superdrive etc.....

a concern though, i was inspecting my whole macbook and ive noticed that the left side of the palmrest cover...it sicking up a bit...like a milimetre more than the right side...
    not sure how to explain this well, but this is the top casing where the keyboard and trackpad is...

i know its not a big deal...but i can tell it is not level compared to the other side...

this was a refurb..so it couldve been like that when i got (since maybe they mite have had to open the macbook up)...

its not a biggy but im just very cautious and paranoid of my stuff...

u guys think im okay? or do u guys have the exact same thing

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Maybe show us a photo? That way others can check theirs and see if they are the same.

9. turnstylez18 thread starter macrumors regular

wish i could...not at home....and i just gave away my digital camera...so theres no way i could get a pic....thanks anyways..

i guess its not a big deal...