Dropped my macbook...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fippil, May 9, 2010.

1. fippil macrumors newbie

May 9, 2010
    So I accidentally hit my macbook off my table and it landed on my chair first then it landed right side up, flat on the bottom. I picked it up and it worked fine. Didn't seem to have any problems, really. I got home and I torrented rome total war because I was bored and I tried to download it. At some point, I don't remember when, the macbook started to freezeup. It would freeze for a while, then unfreeze and it eventually froze up compeltely. The first to bootups were both equally long and when I tried to open firefox it would freeze up completely, but the battery would still move, like you could see it go from 70% to 69% but nothing else worked. I'm bootuping up my macbook right now and it's stuck at the booting screen with the white background and apple. I don't know whether the dropping or the torrent messed up my macbook. Some help would be greatly appreciated... :\
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    It's probably a combination of both. Dropping it probably damaged the hard drive and who knows what else. Then the built-in karma protection for R:TW kicked in and destroyed the operating system.
  3. fippil thread starter macrumors newbie

May 9, 2010
    yes yes, hurr duur torrenting is immoral. I realize this, but my cousins steam account banned for no clear reason as the steam crew didn't give one and I bought a lot of stuff on there, so I didn't feel like buying r:tw again. But enough of that.

I deleted a bunch of stuff and I guess it's running better now. I opened firefox fine and it seems to be running smoothly so I am thoroughly confused.
  4. lyons238 macrumors 6502

Mar 21, 2010
    got an external drive with osx on it? if not i recommend putting a new hd in your macbook (its very easy) then installing osx and see how things work.

edit: oh you say things are working smoothly now? hmmm well keep your your eye out for glitches. if you experience more problems try the hard drive first.