Dropped my MBP 15 retina late 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vwa, Mar 23, 2014.

1. vwa macrumors newbie

I dropped my MBP pro 15' late 2013 with the AC connector and it's slightly damaged close to the socket. However, because of the adapter, the fall cause a very minor bump on the chassis. What are my options and how much would I have to pay in order to replace the chassis, or most of if?

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Call or take it to Apple for an official quote. Just because it doesn't look damaged does not mean that there is not internal damage that you are not able to see.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Obviously it's going to cost a lot to replace the unibody. If it's minor just deal with it.

4. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That's a potentially detailed repair, so it's not the kind of thing where you're likely to get quotes from third party repair shops. It might be stressful, but you aren't likely to learn anything asking on here. I would get a repair quote from Apple as soon as possible. If there are any authorized repair services that are close to you, you can ask them too. It's just that I doubt you'll get case work from others. In some cases third party services may just send it out to Apple with something that detailed. It's a pretty common practice when it comes to less common repair types.

5. No-Me macrumors 6502a

Apple is really strict with repairs, they are obliged to replace everything that could have been damaged, most of the times the repair is more expensive than a new MBP unfortunately. It's it's just on the outside, live with it, if it's actually damaged, try to see if your insurance can do anything for you.