Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toxicity033

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
People tell me to use a case all the time. Truth is, I don't want to. It adds bulk, looks ugly, covers up the sleek design of the phone, makes it feel plastic-y and I just don't like cases.

I'd rather look at a scratch than use my phone with a ugly thing over the whole iPhone.

Apple should just put the iPhone in a case that you can't take off, but then again, people would cover that up with another case anyway.

Do people cover their cars in a hard plastic case while they're driving? I mean, it could get damaged right?

i mean..i guess but imo, a case>>dents/scratches & broken screens

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Eek, thats a nasty dent, but I agree with you. would rather look at that and be able to use the phone naked then put an awful, tacky, and vomit-inducing case on the phone.

darkonex

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I don't get what people have against cases. Do you really feel special by showing off your fancy Apple logo on the back or something? Especially now that the iPhone is too thin imo there's 0 excuse NOT to have a case. I have an Otterbox Symmetry case on mine and imo it's too damn thin still, wish I had a case that made it thicker and square like the iphone 5 was. And they don't look tacky, and it's well worth protecting a device that costs upwards of $1k.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I was getting out of my car and the darn thing slipped out of my hand somehow. This thing is so slippery!

Anyway, I scuffed a corner, but it's still not bent.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the iPhone 6 is strong enough to survive a fall onto pavement and still not bend.

Thank you.

Can you return it? It's not your fault. Blame in on the universe. :p

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
No wobbles. It's straight. I can't believe that people don't believe a NON-BEND claim. It's not bent. I checked it because I was worried that it might have bent from the fall. Remarkably it's fine.

are you blind? Look at it, its heavily bent

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Okay guys trolling OP about the bend was funny the first 3 times but you're all over doing it now it's silly.

OP they're messing with you because of your statement about no bend from a fall, which logically doesn't happen.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
No wobbles. It's straight. I can't believe that people don't believe a NON-BEND claim. It's not bent. I checked it because I was worried that it might have bent from the fall. Remarkably it's fine.

I am more concerned that there seems to be some type of gravity vortex. You do realize that your phone clinging to that table, somehow defying all of Newton’s laws. Sir or Madam I am branding you a witch.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
This thing is so slippery!

That was my fear and why I got a case, with the iPhone 5, it wasn't as slippery. The 5C was, and now the iPhone 6 and 6 plus are very slippery.

I have the leather case and that increases the grippiness

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I love the way people's solution is to cover the dent with a case. The irony that, if you had a case on it anyway, you wouldn't have got the dent.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I love the way people's solution is to cover the dent with a case. The irony that, if you had a case on it anyway, you wouldn't have got the dent.

I would be reactive too. I'm using it as long as I can naked. If I have to cover a dent with a case, so be it. At least I got to use it as long as possible in all its beauty. There's a chance I won't need to waste money on a case either! So far, I've been fortunate to never have to cover up my iPhone!

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
I don't get what people have against cases. Do you really feel special by showing off your fancy Apple logo on the back or something? Especially now that the iPhone is too thin imo there's 0 excuse NOT to have a case. I have an Otterbox Symmetry case on mine and imo it's too damn thin still, wish I had a case that made it thicker and square like the iphone 5 was. And they don't look tacky, and it's well worth protecting a device that costs upwards of $1k.

I have to side with the OP on this; I like to use the phone the way it was designed. For the same reason I don't like branding on the front of the phone (ie, Samsung, HTC), or carrier branding anywhere on the device (ie, AT&T or Verizon logo on back/front), I feel that cases pushes a generic appeal and insult to the artistic design of the device.

As a disclaimer, however, I don't have an entirely naked phone; I use skins and glass protectors because they are extremely minimalistic and classy in their own sense. You can't simply slap on a skin or glass protector like a case; it requires a small amount of time and patience, and care, and the application itself is artistic.

Take my two year old i5 for example; it is still in great condition, no cases, and I've impressed many friends by showing it off with glass and skin installed. Sent from my iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
nice special effects.....:rolleyes:

I don't know if you're serious, but that's slow motion video. The phone actually looked like that when it hit the ground, but it's too fast for the human eye to see. Slow motion slows it down enough to see what is really happening.

Jobsy

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
I don't know if you're serious, but that's slow motion video. The phone actually looked like that when it hit the ground, but it's too fast for the human eye to see. Slow motion slows it down enough to see what is really happening.

Sure it is.....

Batman also exists.

Unbelievable gullible people actually believe the phone would be bending like jelly while hitting the ground LOL

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Sure it is.....

Batman also exists.

Unbelievable gullible people actually believe the phone would be bending like jelly while hitting the ground LOL

I'm guessing you've never seen extreme slow motion video before. Stuff bends and flexes when there's an impact like that. The camera records at a very high frame rate and then slowed down to show things that your eyes can see at real-time speeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.