Dropped my phone, is my warranty void?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrf097, Jun 22, 2013.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

So I dropped my iPhone 5 and while none of the glass chipped or shattered anywhere, but along the right side of the device, towards the top there is a very noticiable spot where it has very obviously chipped, and there are nicks across the side and bezel. Does Apple void phone warranties for this kind of damage?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It is possible they could deny repairs in the future. Did you purchase AppleCare +?

3. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

No but I'm still eligible to purchase it. Should I?

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't know that much about purchasing it after you have bought the iPhone. Do they inspect the iPhone first?

5. Jeffrey Jeff macrumors member

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

when i last bought my iphone, i asked them whether i could still apply applecare plus to a phone that showed visible signs of dropping (in case i dropped it while i mulled it over). the employee told me small scratches and scuffs they don't really care about, just as long as it didn't have cracked glass or water damage it would be fine.

i'll also say i was denied warranty coverage for dust under the display a few years back, because the iphone had shown signs of being dropped.