Dropped my phone, is my warranty void?

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
So I dropped my iPhone 5 and while none of the glass chipped or shattered anywhere, but along the right side of the device, towards the top there is a very noticiable spot where it has very obviously chipped, and there are nicks across the side and bezel. Does Apple void phone warranties for this kind of damage?

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
So I dropped my iPhone 5 and while none of the glass chipped or shattered anywhere, but along the right side of the device, towards the top there is a very noticiable spot where it has very obviously chipped, and there are nicks across the side and bezel. Does Apple void phone warranties for this kind of damage?
It is possible they could deny repairs in the future. Did you purchase AppleCare +?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
No but I'm still eligible to purchase it. Should I?
when i last bought my iphone, i asked them whether i could still apply applecare plus to a phone that showed visible signs of dropping (in case i dropped it while i mulled it over). the employee told me small scratches and scuffs they don't really care about, just as long as it didn't have cracked glass or water damage it would be fine.

i'll also say i was denied warranty coverage for dust under the display a few years back, because the iphone had shown signs of being dropped.