iPhone 8(+) Dropped my phone....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Jun 14, 2018.

1. tl01 macrumors 68000

Ugh! Thought I could be fancy again and use my phone without a case. I have apple care otherwise I would not do his. This time the back glass broke...not the front. I don’t supposed that can be replaced? Or maybe I should just put it back in a case. Sigh. Why do my phones feel so much nicer out of the case? I don’t use my X out of its case.

2. chscag macrumors 68020

chscag

If you have Apple Care +, get it repaired. You'll first need to pay the deductible though....:(

3. ljusmc macrumors member

if the back glass is broken, the whole device will be swapped for $99 if you have AppleCare+. Back glass cannot be repaired.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Because the device has an all glass backing with the chassis, the entire device has to be replaced. Apple cannot repair that specific iPhone Glass back. If it was the display that was cracked, Apple could salvage the phone by replacing the display only.

5. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

Isn’t that exactly what was posted an hour before your reply?

6. partyboy4357 macrumors member

partyboy4357

Whoa cool!

7. Relentless Power, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Yes, you’re correct. In addition, I also added if the display was cracked, that’s a separate piece of hardware that can be replaced, aside from the Glass backing being shattered.

8. 0007776 Suspended

I'm sure you could put it back in a case and it would be fine as it would cover up the broken back. But I would use your AppleCare+ to replace it. If you don't want to do that then why did you buy the AppleCare in the first place?

9. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

I already used it once to get the screen replaced. Lol! So this would be my last time...and I can be a relatively risky user as I sometimes hold my phone in the pool or spa...using a pop socket etc. I also take it to the water park in a little water proof pouch and I worry it will leak someday. I have to keep it all together until a new phone comes out;).

10. XhnbX macrumors newbie

To have your glass replaced do you have to send out your phone somewhere? I just broke the glass on my phone. I'm going to put a case in the meantime and I would like to get the glass replaced. I'm not sure how long I can go without the phone if I need to send it somewhere.

11. 0007776 Suspended

If you have AppleCare+ take it to an Apple store and they will swap it out. Usually they have replacement units available so you shouldn’t have to wait.

12. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

$99 even with AppleCare?? :eek:

13. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Compared to the price of a new iPhone X purchase, the deductible and cost of AppleCare+ is much cheaper.