iPod touch dropped my Touch :)

bogman12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Looks like the soft black border around the screen did its job. Makes me wonder how the iphone's chrome border would have fared...

This was a 3 ft fall onto bathroom tile floor.

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
No...I'm eh...(ANGELINE!-YES?-Whats my Pseudonym on Macrumors again?-Derry Quinn!-Thanks!)...I'm Derry. Not Steve. No Way.

bogman12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
It actually dents? That looks terrible.
By it denting, it means the force of the impact was dissipated when the dent was formed as opposed to it traveling to the glass and perhaps cracking it..

oh wait I forgot I'm in macrumors here.. brain power need not apply here.

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
By it denting, it means the force of the impact was dissipated when the dent was formed as opposed to it traveling to the glass and perhaps cracking it..

oh wait I forgot I'm in macrumors here.. brain power need not apply here.
Ooooh! Thats Fighting Talk!

Aaleck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Michigan, USA
Ouch, that would really bug me.. I hit mine on a wall today and it dented just a little.. I managed to take a sharpie and cover up the silverish mark that it made

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
My friend dropped mine from about four feet up, he was so apologetic when it happened. Luckily, nothing happened... or I would have taken up his offer to buy me a new one. :p

Treben

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2007
I did this to my white 5G too, dented the corner by dropping.

I mean it annoyed me, but I used the file on my swiss army knife to make it smooth again.

But hey, I mean easy choice

Dent > Cracked screen

Johnnnny

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
You're not alone. I dropped mine too, it slid off my lap when I violently got up to catch a bus when I was sitting. What sucks most is that I promised myself before! "Ok Johnny, don't get up and drop your iPod!"

20 seconds later *crack*...

Thankfully, nothing more than a minor scratch on the border lol.

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

I dropped mine out of top pocket onto the patio today. It landed chrome side down and came through without a mark :)

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

I dropped mine out of top pocket onto the patio today. It landed chrome side down and came through without a mark :)
Phil Anselmo? :D

I Just threw my old mp3 player (3 and a half year old Creative) across the room to appease whatever entity lives above, so he doesn't push my new Touch out of my hand. I hope it works!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.