Dropped phone in water!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ymfarwell, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Ymfarwell macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I dropped my phone in water . It sank for about 2 sec . I grabbed it wiped it off with the towel, shook as much of the water out as I could . I took a dryer on low and started to blow dry the openings of my phone for a good 15 min . Took some plain white rice in a sandwich bag and heated the rice up with my blow dryer and stuck my heated phone in the Rice . I stuck the bag of rice and phone on a heater vent . I set left it for over 24 hrs. I would take the phone out every so 2-4 hrs and heat the phone with my blow dryer. !!

My phone is fine . I had some water behind the glass , letting it set a little longer. It has gone away!!!
    All I can say is thank the lord !! Everything Still works also
    If you have any questions please ask!!

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Using the blow dryer on it, was one of the worst things that you could have done. The blow dryer will force water into areas that weren't initially wet; places that are a lot harder to dry.

3. Boereman macrumors member

Boereman

Take back cover off(IP4) or remove front assembly(3G/S), put in a bag of rice for 4 days. If the iPhone restarts intermittently or shows random battery charge, replace the battery.

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

You did what 1k others have done... you can even find it here on MR if you search so sorry but you didn't discover some trick to save water logged i's. Glad it worked out for you.

5. 314631 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the information. I'm going to take my iPhone for a therapeutic bath today, and really wanted to know the best way to dry it out afterwards.